28
‘Could a boat like this sail to your country, Friday? I asked him.
“星期五,像这样的船能驶到你的国家吗?”我问他。
‘Oh yes,’ he answered. A boat like this can carry a lot of food and drink.’
“哦,能。”他回答。“像这样的船可以装很多食物和水。”
Then we’ll make another canoe like it, and you can go home in it,’ I said.
“那么我们将制作差不多的另一只独木舟,你就可以乘着它回家了。”我说。
But Friday looked very unhappy.
但是星期五看起来不开心。
‘Why are you angry with me?’ he asked.
“你为什么生我的气呢?”他问。
‘What have I done? Why do you want to send me home?’
“我做了什么?为什么你想送我回家呢?”
‘But I thought you wanted to go home,’ I said.
“但是我认为你想回家。”我说。
‘Yes. But you must come with me. Kill me if you want, but don’t send me away from you!’
“是,但是你一定要和我一起去。假如你想杀我也可以,但不要把我送走!”
Then I saw that Friday was a true friend, and so I agreed to go with him.
之后我发现星期五是一个真诚的朋友,因此我同意跟他一起走。
We began work on the canoe at once.
我们开始建造独木舟。
Friday chose the tree himself he understood wood better than I did-and we cut it down.
星期五亲自挑选木头,他比我更懂得木材好的好坏——我们砍到树木。
We worked hard and in a month, the boat was finished.
我们辛苦工作了一个月就把船造好了。
Two weeks later it was in the sea, and we began to get ready for our long journey.
两个星期后船就下水了,我们开始为长途旅行做准备。
8 Escape from the island
8 逃离孤岛
I was now in my twenty-seventh year on the island,
我已经在岛上呆了27年了,
And I did not want to be there for another year.
我不愿再呆下去了。
We worked hard to get the corn in, and to make a lot of bread.
我们辛苦地收割谷物,制作了许多面包。
We had dried fruit and salted meat, and big pots to keep water in.
我们准备了干果、咸肉和装水的大罐子。
One evening Friday went out to look for a turtle for meat and eggs.
一天傍晚星期五为了吃肉和海龟蛋去抓海龟。
But in less than an hour he was back, and he looked very afraid.
但不到一个钟头他就回来了,他看起来非常害怕。
未完待续~
如果觉得《每天坚持阅读《鲁滨逊漂流记》学习英语 初级版双语小说》对你有帮助,请点赞、收藏,并留下你的观点哦!