20
6 A footprints
6 一组脚印
Then, one year, something strange and terrible happened.
有一年,古怪而又可怕的事情发生了。
I often walked along the shore, and one day I saw something in the sand.
我经常沿着海岸走,一天在沙滩上看见一些东西。
I went over to look at it more carefully, and stooped in sudden surprise.
我跑过去想看个仔细,但在震惊中停下了脚步。
It was a footprint- the footprint of a man!
那是一个人的脚印——一个人的脚印!
Who could this be?
会是谁的呢?
Afraid, I looked around me.
我害怕极了,环顾四周。
I listened. I waited. Nothing.
我倾听,我等候,什么也没有。
I was more and more afraid.
我越来越害怕了。
Perhaps this man was one of those wild people who killed and ate other men!
也许这是一个杀人也吃人的野人!
I looked everywhere, but there was nobody, and no other footprint.
我到处看,但是没有人,也没有别的脚印。
I turned and hurried home.
我转过身匆忙赶回家。
‘There’s someone on my island,’ I said to myself.
“岛上没有人,”我自言自语。
‘Perhaps he knows about me…Perhaps he’s watching me now from behind a tree…Perhaps he wants to kill me.’
“也许他知道我……也许他现在从树后面观察我……也许他想要杀了我。”
That night I couldn’t sleep.
那一夜我不能入睡。
The next day I got all my guns ready and I put more wood and young trees around my house.
第二天我把所有的枪备好并在房子的周围堆上更多的木头和小树。
Nobody could see me now.
现在没人能看得见我了。
But after fifteen years alone on the island, I was afraid, and I did not leave my cave for three days.
可是岛上独自生活了后,我还是害怕,以至于我一连三天没离开过我的山洞。
未完待续~
如果觉得《每日打卡学习英语读《鲁滨逊漂流记》双语小说初级版》对你有帮助,请点赞、收藏,并留下你的观点哦!